Sunday, November 22, 2009

Annie's Frozen Pizza Review


As I was participating in my usual trolling of the oragnics section at Sweetbay, an overwhelming moment of giddiness occured. Could it be? A vegan frozen pizza?? Now let me pause for a moment to explain my previous experience with this type of cuisine. Before this discovery, I did once try a Toffutti 'cheese' flavor frozen pizza. Nice, thick greasy crust, red pizza sauce, and loads of fake cheese. That's it. And whilie this is just the thing to fill a void after a long and intense night of liquor drinking, it's not exactly something I typically crave.

So that brings me to Annie's frozen pizzas. The first time I spotted the pies, my inate avoidance of purchasing frozen foods kicked in and I walked away. But the next time I was in the grocery store, I found myself salivating in front of that big glass door. On my previous trip to Sweetbay, I noticed there were two options... Roasted Vegetable, no cheese, and Soy Cheeze. Sadly, between my first and second trip to the store, the Roasted Vegetable variety had sold out! (Awesome!) So I pick up the Soy Cheeze and discover... oh it's not vegan. But as I'm rummaging through boxes, about to claim defeat, I discover this gem...

I could not ask for a better option. A vegetable, some fake cheese, and nice thin crispy crust. And only rice flour, to boot!

So... to finish up a long and unnecessary description... the pizza was incredible. Amazing. Delectable. Friggin, yum. (I've already bought another, since!) At the price point, however ($8.99 at Sweetbay), I definitely sided this pie with a salad and made it two meals. So if you're into vegan stuff... do your part in supporting the widespread production of vegan goodies and buy some of these pizzas!

Thanks Annie's!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers