Sunday, November 22, 2009

Raw Quickie : Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms and Avocado Soup

I am really starting to enjoy this Live's raw cookbook. 'Uncooking' has been getting easier, though. I wanted to try another of the Soups. I tried out the avocado soup... avocados, water, garlic, ginger, and lots of lemon. It came out looking like Ghostbusters slime, but it was quite tasty!

Dad thought too much lemon, I thought too much ginger. Either way, it was damn good.
I also tried the raw mushrooms stuffed with pesto. It turned out to be a great side dish, but would also serve as a fantastic 15 minute appetizer. I modified the recipe, as always, to accommodate my portion size and tastes. The recipe is typically made with basil, but I had spinach on hand, so I used it instead. I also added chopped tomatoes on top for some moisture. Next time, I would like to get Roma tomatoes and add a full, thin slice, but this was still pretty good.

Ingredients:
1 package baby bella or white mushrooms
3 Tbsp Nama Shoyu (or soy sauce)
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- - -
Large handful of spinach
1/2 cup raw walnuts
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
2-3 Tbsp olive oil

De-stem and wash mushrooms. Toss in a bowl with olive oil and Nama Shoyu. Make sure everything is nice and coated and mix together. The longer this marinates, the better.

Add the pesto ingredients to a blender. The suggested order is: olive oil and garlic, (blend) spinach or basil, (blend) and then everything else. Add water as needed to get everything blended together. I found that leaving the nuts a little bit chunky was still really good!

Stuff mushrooms with pesto. Warm up in dehydrator for a few minutes if desired. Top with tomato.

Devour! I'm really looking forward to trying more of my own creations in this realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers