Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sunday Sailing

I think that sailing on a warm, Sunday afternoon, might just be the best way to spend a day. Last Sunday, I went with Mike from the shop and his friend Eddie out on the ocean for a couple of hours. Eddie has been sailing since he was 17 (now 40). He hasn't paid rent at an apartment for 3 and half years... but instead lives on his 23 foot sail boat. His little one-cabin ship with no bathroom would make me stir crazy... but it's just perfect for him.

He also has a 17 ft sail boat, which he took us out on for the day. I would have taken more photos, but he made us navigate the sails, so I was nervous to pick up my camera in the water!! Hopefully we'll go out again this weekend.


This is Eddie with our make-shift toilet. This is what we peed in while out on the water. This is the only bathroom he has in his living quarters!

Mike from the shop.

Eddie, our guide.

These kids were like 10 and younger... on their own sailboats.

Sailor Eddie.

Eddie told us this is called a gaff rig... the to of the sail is not attached to the mast.

Tattoo Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers