Friday, December 4, 2009

Vegan fast food; Eastern European style.

Sorry for the break, but I've been without my camera for almost a week now! So, this is a quick little update for an easy dinner and some new found favorites of mine!

vegan sauerkraut dog with ketchup, dijon mustard and horseradish, cabbage casserole and sauteed greens with onions. 

It's as simple as that. I have been craving dogs, so I got some large size Smart Dogs. Threw one on a toasted bun, along with some ketchup, spicy mustard, horseradish, and a huge helping of sauerkraut.

The first side is some very simple sauteed greens. I took a handful of kale and rinsed it thoroughly. I roughly chopped the greens, while heating about 2 tsps of canola oil in a pan. I added one clove of chopped garlic and one full scallion, chopped. To that I added the greens, 1 tsp of red wine vinegar, dash of pepper, salt, granulated garlic and red pepper flakes. Mix up and saute for about 30 seconds. Take off the heat and serve immediately.

The second side is some cabbage casserole! My next post will contain ingredients and recipe for that.

Three cheers for lazy dinner tonight! Hip, hip, hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers