Monday, November 9, 2009

Tofu benedict with sundried tomato hollandaise


I have been craving some eggs benedict, so I cooked up a vegan version for breakfast this morning. Toasted English muffins would have made this breakfast classic, but I couldn't find any. The only vegan English muffins I've been able to find are Weight Watchers, and they weren't available where I stopped this morning.

I marinated the tofu with a little lemon juice and liquid smoke. I grilled this up along with a Gimme Lean sausage-style patty (fat and cholestorol-free and so delicious). The sundried tomato sauce was simply some vegan cream cheese, 1/2 of a lemon's juice, water, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper, and chili powder. In the future I would use a blender, rather than a food processor, so everything gets to a nice smooth consistency. I topped it with a fresh basil leaf.

Mmm mm good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers