Thursday, November 5, 2009

This is what 200 calories lookes like...


I finally tasted the Gardein's buffalo wings. I didn't have time to throw together some vegan ranch, so I just had some garlic hummus and leftover chipotle sauce on the side. I also had a little spinach salad with some sundried tomatoes.

My review of the wings? The sauce was right on. Incredible. It was just spicy enough, and had the incredible hot wing flavor. The texture, however, left something to be desired. It wasn't bad, just not as firm as I would have liked.. kind of a tofu/seiten hybrid. I would still buy them again, though. Incredibly flavorful.

I had a second helping and the entire meal added up to under 500 calories!! I try and avoid the frozen foods section (just like soda and junk food), but if I'm ever in the mood, I will turn to Gardein. ALL of their products are vegan and use only non-gmo soy protein. Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers