Saturday, October 24, 2009

Score one for the vegetables.


Dad and I cooked dinner last night! It was great fun. We had whole wheat shells with canallini beans and spinach, and Brussels' sprouts. For the pasta, we used a recipe out of CIA's Gourmet Meals in Minutes. I have to say, I was not impressed. I'm not giving up on this cookbook just yet, but I wouldn't make this again.

So dad worked on the pasta, and I worked on the Brussels. While I was cleaning the sprouts, I asked dad, so what do you think about Brussels sprouts? To which he replied, 'well, besides being the worst vegetable known to man, not much'. (I figured this would be the response... I even bought zucchini as a back-up, just in case!) I oven-roasted the Brussels with a little olive oil, rice vinegar, salt, pepper and lemon juice. I also mixed up a sweet spicy mustard to top them with. (Sauce can make anything delicious!)

Dad ended up going back for thirds on the Brussels. :) He said, 'I think you need to work on the complexity of your sauce, but these are incredible.' Solid ciriticism. So, I've sold my mom on tofu, my grandma who hates kale on kale, and my dad who hates Brussels on Brussels. I'm feeling pretty good about the battle for tasty vegetables!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Little Bird, everything looks so delish. But I think I am too lazy to do all that fussing. How about you come and cook for me? Love ya....Old Bird

    ReplyDelete

Followers